Welcome Back Roadrunners! – Aug 2017
Hello Heritage Roadrunners,
Summer is over and we are ready to get back to school! I have been working with your amazing teachers and I am so excited to have each of you back at school. I think that this school year will be spectacular.
Our secretaries and custodians have been working extra hard to ensure that everything is ready for the new school year.
Many of our teachers will be heading out on the morning of Wednesday, Aug 9th to introduce themselves and meet their new students. Hopefully they will find you home and ready to get back to school.
Our back to school open house will be on Friday, August 11 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. This is a great time to drop by the school, visit classrooms, walk the halls, chat with teachers, confirm bus information, pay for lunch, give me (Mr. Baker) a high 5, and ask any questions you may have. We hope to see everyone there!
Top 6 Pro Tips for Parents at the beginning of a new school year:
- Begin on the first day of school with transportation routine that will happen on your regular days. (bus, walk, bike, etc) This is especially helpful for our younger students to be prepared to get on a bus to go home the first day. They sometimes struggle if they didn’t ride the bus to school in the morning.
- Have school lunch the first day or two, even if you aren’t planning on eating it normally. Teachers and lunch staff help students practice the routine and help students know what to do those days, that way if your student ever wants to eat school lunch, they will know exactly what to do.
- Keep contact information current with school office. Please double check if you want to make sure we’re current. (435-628-4427)
- Make sure you have “opted in” to receive text messages. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Heritage Parking Lot – SAFETY First, please always be safe, cautious and careful when driving in or around our school. Video and more information on our school blog @ https://heritage.washk12.org/safety-first/
- Questions? Check the School website (https://heritage.washk12.org) – the calendar and information should always be current.
Please be assured, our entire school staff wants your child to be successful here at school and be prepared to face the future with confidence. Let’s work together to make this our most successful school year ever!
Mr. Adam Baker | 435-628-4427 | email@example.com
Looking Ahead: (https://heritage.washk12.org/calendar/)
- Aug 11 – Heritage Open House from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Aug 14 – First Day of School (Grades 1-5)
- Aug 21 – First Day of School (Kindergarten)
- Aug 25 – PTA Bike Rodeo 1:30
- Aug 28 – Early Release PLC 1:15
- Aug 30 & 31 – SEP Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- Sept 4 – Labor Day No School
Trackback from your site.