School Counselor Information
My name is Melissa Dude, and I’m the counselor at Heritage Elementary School. The easiest way to reach me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. My schedule is as follows:
Heritage Elementary – Tuesday through Thursday
Office: 435-628-4427 ext. 316
I recently moved to the beautiful state of Utah from the Midwest and love it here, but what I love most is supporting children through my experience as a school counselor for the past 10 years, but also as a professional counselor, social worker, and nurse in my previous careers. I firmly believe every child is capable of reaching his potential with the right supports in place. My role in your child’s life is to work with everyone here at school to determine what supports are needed, and ensure your child’s best interests are always at heart.
My role also extends beyond the school setting, so if your family is in need of additional supports or resources, I’m here to help connect you with what’s available in our community. We now have many of these supports accessible through the district website. Here are the steps to get there…
www.washk12.org ~ Parents and Students ~ Student & Parent Resources ~ Community Resources
Under this link you will find numerous resources related to education, parenting, financial assistance, health, mental health, housing, food, support groups, etc. Sorting through this information can be overwhelming, so I’m happy to help you find your way!
At Heritage we are a “Leader in Me” School, so together you and I can help your child to…
- Be Proactive – think positive, take responsibility, use your power for good
- Begin with the End in Mind – envision the results you want and then work hard to get there
- Put First Things First – take care of the most important things first by planning and preparing for them
- Think Win-Win – find the courage to take chances for the good of all
- Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood – listen without judgment and then work on a solution
- Synergize – reach out to others to learn from them; think outside the box
- Sharpen the Saw – always strive to do better, keep learning, stay positive
Be leaders in your home and you will be amazed how positively this will impact you and your family!