Heritage Heads Up – Oct 2018
Hello Heritage Roadrunners & Families,
It is already October! As usual, we have much going on here at school. Our teachers have worked hard to create high expectations and establish classroom routines that facilitate safety and learning. We’re focusing on helping each child learn and grow in a supportive environment. Our classroom teachers at Heritage are exceptional! I sincerely enjoy working with each of them and I know that they are working extremely hard to challenge and support each of your children.
I have a few items that I want to share with each of you.
- White Ribbon Week ~ Going on now! Each day this week we’ve been learning and discussing how important it is to use technology appropriately. The overall theme is: Let’s Get Real! One of the main topics has been valuing real relationships over virtual ones. Additionally, we’ve focused on spending time with family and friends on activities that don’t involve a screen. Don’t forget to send pictures and videos of your families giving priority to real life relationships to Mrs. Olmstead.
- Check out our September Newsletter – written by our Student Lighthouse Team: CLICK HERE
- Washington Community Center Fall Newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Last Friday we sent each student home with a Heritage Elementary t-shirt – THANK YOU PTA!! Please have your student show their school spirit and wear their school shirt each Friday. (If your student was absent or didn’t receive a shirt please contact our office and we will provide one for them)
- Halloween Parade Info – New this year, classroom parties and our traditional costume parade will be in the afternoon. The parade will begin at approximately 2:45pm. Parents and family can best enjoy the parade from the rear playground area! The Halloween costume parade should be done at approximately 3:15pm. More information regarding Halloween activities will be shared closer to the holiday.
- Operation School Bell – Information below (Special assistance for families needing help with new shoes and clothes)
Thanks for your continued support!
Adam Baker | firstname.lastname@example.org | 435-628-4427
- Oct 3 – 7pm PTA General Mtg
- Oct 5 – 4th Grade Talent Show
- Oct 10 – 1st Grade Field Trip – St. George Children’s Museum
- Oct 11~12 – Fall Break No School
- Oct 16 – Picture Re-takes
- Oct 18 – 6:30pm Heritage Storytelling Festival
Operation School Bell Information:
Trackback from your site.