Click Here to view our monthly news letter.
Remember our Fall Picture day is Tuesday, Sept 22.
Order online or send in order with your student.
Thanks for your support of Heritage!
Monday September 14th is an Early out day. School will dismiss at 1:15.
I hope that this finds you well! I’m excited to reach out to you today in an effort to improve school to home communication. Our district has worked hard to create solutions to enable schools to effectively communicate with our parents. One of these tools is SchoolMessenger. It has the ability to send email, phone calls, and text messages. Recently in a survey response our parents overwhelmingly preferred to receive school updates via text message. Last Friday I attempted to send out a text to our families via SchoolMessenger reminding them of the Monday holiday. Out of nearly 600 students only 174 received the text message. Some of the numbers we have are not correct and other numbers have not opted in, therefore our text message is blocked.
I need your help. Below are the instructions to “opt in” to receive our text messages. In addition to opting in, PLEASE log into Powerschool and make sure that your contact information is current.
It is critical that we have correct contact information. This is the best way we have to notify you in case of emergency.
Please make the time to both opt in and keep your information current via Powerschool. Please call or stop by the office if you need any help!
Brooklyn McLaws | 435-628-4427 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To improve communication with parents, guardians and students, Washington County School District Technology expanded its ability to deliver phone, email, and SMS text messages using SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger will be used to communicate in emergency situations as well as inform parents of day to day progress and school events.
We invite you to fully participate in the process by opting in to SMS Text messaging and keeping contact information in PowerSchool up to date. Just complete two simple steps:
- Opt in to SMS Messaging by sending the word “Yes”, via text message, to the number 68453. SchoolMessenger will only send text messages to cell phone numbers whose recipients have agreed to receive them.
- Make sure you contact information is up to date by logging in to your PowerSchool Account and accessing the Demographics Change Page.
Today our school participated in a "Lockdown" drill with our students, faculty, and staff. Parents and guardians, please take the opportunity to visit with your child about the drill. Each classroom was under lockdown for approximately 15 minutes. Classroom teachers, students, and our staff handled the drill extremely well. As we practice drills our goal is to give students and staff an opportunity to practice safety procedures. Additionally, we want to learn and determine areas where we can improve our practices.
For your information, during a lockdown the classroom teacher should do the following:
- Immediately clear the hallway and bathrooms by your room moving everyone into the classroom. Close your locked classroom door.
- Gather students and visitors to an interior block wall out of sight and turn out lights.
- Keep all persons away from the doors and windows to limit visibility.
- If possible, barricade door, and pull window shades.
- Ignore all bells and alarms
- Allow no one in or out of the classroom until a uniformed policeman opens the door
- REMAIN QUIET!!
- Account for students and when safe to do so relay the information to office.
Our lockdown was facilitated with the help of our school resource officer, who is a full time St. George Police Officer. He oversaw the drill and gave our school safety team valuable feedback. We appreciate working directly with the St. George Police Department to make our school as safe as possible!
Our school currently has a job opening. We are looking for two adults to supervise lunch.
If you know anyone who is currently looking for employment please direct them to the WCSD website to apply.
http://www.applitrack.com/washk12/onlineapp/ Click on the locations tab and then on Heritage.
- What was the best thing that happened at school today? (What was the worst thing that happened at school today?)
- Tell me something that made you laugh today.
- If you could choose who would you like to sit by in class? (Who would you NOT want to sit by in class? Why?)
- Where is the coolest place at the school?
- Tell me a weird word that you heard today. (Or something weird that someone said.)
- If I called your teacher tonight what would she/he tell me about you?
- How did you help somebody today?
- How did somebody help you today?
- Tell me one thing that you learned today.
- When were you the happiest today?
- When were you bored today?
- If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed up someone who would you want them to take?
- Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
- Tell me something good that happened today.
- What word did your teacher say most today?
- What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
- What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
- Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
- Where do you play the most at recess?
- Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
- What was your favorite part of lunch?
- If you got to be the teacher tomorrow what would you do?
- Is there anyone in your class that needs a time out?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in the class who would you trade with? Why?
- Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.
We’re on Facebook too!