Heritage Roadrunners and Families,
Together we’ve made it through our first full month of school. White ribbon week was a success – your student should remember to: “Turn it off – Talk to a trusted adult – Turn to something active”. Our classrooms are in full swing with learning procedures and routines well established. I’ve visited each classroom and am in awe of the great teachers that we have working with your children. They work hard throughout the week and most weekends to make sure that meaningful learning activities are prepared for your students. Heritage has wonderful teachers and I am fortunate to working with them!
Below are a few informational items to be aware of:
- We have a school wide goal of reading 1.5 million minutes as a school. Each student should be reading at least 20 minutes each night. Please take time to read with your child, it really is the most important 20 minutes of your day!
- PTA Reflections – entries are due on Oct 9. This year’s theme is “Within Reach”. Entry forms and additional information are available in the office.
- Puerto Rico Service Project – We are helping “Fill the Jet” with relief supplies. Students received a paper with specific information (check your student’s backpack). Supplies are due by Oct 5 to the office.
This month our students will be learning about Habit 2 – Begin with the end in mind ~ Have a plan. Students will learn how important it is to plan ahead and set goals. They will also learn how important they are to their classroom and the difference they can make by working hard. You might consider these questions that could spark a discussion with your child. Why is it important to have goals? When have you set goals and achieved them? How does creating a plan help you accomplish your goals?
Thank you for your continued support of Heritage!
Adam Baker (Principal) | 435-628-4427 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 5 – PTA Meeting 7 pm
- Oct 5 – 4th Grade Field Trip (Staheli Farm)
- Oct 9 – PTA Reflection entries due
- Oct 12~13 – NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Oct 17 – Picture Re-takes
- Oct 25~31 – Red Ribbon Week
- Oct 26 – Heritage Storytelling Festival 6pm
- Oct 27 – Roadrunner Rally & Habit 2 Assembly
- Oct 31 – Halloween Parade 9:15