Heritage Roadrunner Families,
Although it is still too early to be too concerned about class placements for next school year, I do want to help everyone understand the process we use to put together our classes each year. Prior to the end of the school year, I will ask teachers to work in grade-level teams and put together class lists for the next school year. I will ask teachers to:
- Create class placements that are fair and equitable (boys/girls, academic ability, behavior, language needs, etc.)
- Put students together who need to be together.
- Split up students who shouldn’t be together.
- Try to put students with a teacher who would be the best fit for each student.
As you can imagine, meeting all of these goals is a difficult challenge. Our teachers have a unique perspective as the only individuals who see the students interact with their peers all day, each day of the school year. Additionally, the professional learning community structure we use at Heritage helps guarantee the curriculum experience in whichever classroom your student is placed in.
Additionally, a student’s classroom placement is a responsibility we don’t take lightly, and we carry it out with the best interest of each child at heart. We have an extraordinary teacher in each classroom at Heritage, and I feel very confident that our school-wide structures provide a suitable and similar curriculum experience in each class.
From now until April 27 our “Parent Input Form” will be available in our office. Please stop by the office and complete a form for your child if you so desire. The form allows parental input to be considered in the process of class placement for the upcoming school year. Remember, the bottom line is this, your child’s current classroom teacher will work to place each child in the best learning situation possible, your input will be considered and used to make the best class placement decision possible for each child.
Please contact me directly with questions or concerns!
Adam Baker | 435-628-4427 | email@example.com
- April 10 – Heritage Elementary science fair
- April 11 – 3rd Grade Tuacahn practice & Performance 6:30pm
- April 12 – PTA Fundraiser Information packet sent home (Color Run)
- April 21 – Dixie Power Kite Festival @ DSU
- April 23 – PTA Color Run 6pm