White Ribbon Week – Sept 2017
We want to protect our kids from online dangers. It’s a tough job! When kids recognize threats and know exactly what to do, they are capable of making healthy choices for themselves.
Sept 24~29 is our White Ribbon Week at Heritage. Our goal is to teach our students to be safe and smart with media and technology. Our theme, “I’ve Got the Power” promotes personal power at every age. It encourages kids to take an active role in what they view or do online.
Each day your child will earn a “Power Boost”
- I have the power to not view embarrassing pictures or share hurtful words
- I have the power to turn it off
- I have the power to tell a trusted adult if something doesn’t feel right
- I have the power to ask before I download
- I have the power to help my friends make safe choices online
We will ask your child to teach these Power Boosts to you. Your discussions together are key. Please help your child find ways to apply these principles in your home. Empowerment and confidence will naturally spill into other areas of your child’s life. Together you can make a plan to use technology safely for learning and fun.
— Heritage White Ribbon Week Committee
What is White Ribbon Week? CLICK HERE for our Parent Mtg Presentation
Trackback from your site.