I hope that all is well with each of you at home and that you are enjoying the beautiful weather as we move from the heat of summer to our amazing winter months. We have been in school now for over two months. I’ve certainly enjoyed working with your students this year! They are wonderful young people.
One of our goals as a school this year is to share more of the Leader in Me and the 7 Habits with our families. A great opportunity has presented itself and I’d like to share it with you. Riverside Elementary is also participating in the Leader in Me and is offering a chance for our parents to attend a parent workshop. The workshop will be taught by Kalli Sampson, a parent at Riverside who has become a strong believer and advocate for the Leader in Me and how it has changed her family.
WORKSHOP INFORMATION: This is a live, certified, engaging, family-strengthening training based on Stephen R. Covey’s #1 bestsellers The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families.
Workshop participants will learn to:
- Apply an “Inside-Out Approach” to problem solving and goal creation
- Resolve differences in marriage and family relationships by creatively cooperating together
- Establish a better work/life balance
- Become more effective in raising emotionally healthy and empowered children
- Employ the skills of Empathic Listening and synergy
- Learn to discipline and motivate children effectively
The offer to participate in this workshop series as a gift from the Riverside Leader in Me initiative, at no cost to you, has been extended to the participants of this workshop.
The workshop is divided into three sessions. To participate you need to commit to attend all three sessions. This opportunity is available to all parents. Adults only, no children. This could be your date night, or girls night out (or guys night out) for three weeks! Space is limited and we appreciate your commitment to attend all three sessions if you register to participate. We know this is a significant time commitment and we are grateful for your willingness to participate. Together we can strengthen our families and community.
Location: Riverside Elementary Library, 2500 Harvest Lane, Washington, UT 84780
Dates and Times:
- Friday, November 4, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 11, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Please email(firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your seat at the workshop. If you are attending as a couple please let me know that there will be two attending, and please include names.
Please note that registration is limited and will be filled in order of request.
If you have any questions please contact Kalli Sampson at 801.694.5151 or email email@example.com.
I hope that anyone interested will contact Kalli directly and take her up on the offer to join her class. I am sure you will find it to be a great benefit to you and your family.
Thanks again for your continued support, Together is definitely better!
Adam Baker | 435-628-4427 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 13 & 14 – Fall Break NO SCHOOL
Oct 18 – Picture Re-takes
Oct 24 – Early Release PLC (Friday release schedule)
Oct 27 – Heritage Storytelling Festival 6pm
Oct 28 – Roadrunner Rally
Oct 31 – Halloween Parade 9:15am
We’ve noticed a troubling trend and are hoping to communicate our concerns so we can all be more aware and intentional about being safe in our parking lot. Please take a few minutes and watch the video below!
Please be extra careful and cautious here at school! We have over 600 students in preschool thru 5th grade and we want each one to arrive at school safely each day and to return home safely as well!
Thanks for your attentiveness to this important topic!
Adam Baker (Principal) | email@example.com | 435-628-4427
Remember our Fall Picture day is Tuesday, Sept 20.
Order online (link above) or send in order with your student.
Thanks for your support of Heritage!
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees and parents. The work of the council is to help improve the school. School Trustland money is available for distribution to each school based on enrollment and an approved plan. For more information visit the School Community Council portion of our school website (CLICK HERE).
Our first meeting will be held on September 12, 2016. If you are able to serve on our community council please contact Mr. Baker in the office ASAP. (firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 435-628-4427)
For more information please check your child’s backpack today for the election notice. (ELECTION NOTICE)
All parents with a student in second thru fifth grade, schedule your SEP now!
CLICK HERE for instructions. Remember our school password is: roadrunners
Please call the school if you have questions or need help with scheduling.
SEP conferences are a great time for parents, teachers, and students to meet together to create a common understanding of expectations, set goals together, and ensure a successful school year.
Heritage Roadrunners (and Parents),
Thanks for a great start to our school year! I’ll do my best to keep you updated as much as possible via our school blog(https://heritage.washk12.org/blog/). Thanks for your continued support, as we work together I believe that we will all enjoy an amazing school year!
Our school leadership team has made three goals for our students this year.
- Every student at Heritage will have a leadership role.
- Every class will have a buddy class. Classes will meet every month throughout the school year.
- Every student will read at least 20 minutes every day. Goal of 1.5 million minutes read during the school year.
I hope that you can find the value in these goals and understand how they will help your student have a great school year.
I have two requests, both deal with student safety!
- Please do not drop off your student prior to 8:30 in the morning. There is no supervision prior to that time. Breakfast is served beginning at 8:30, so that is the earliest that students should arrive at school.
- Be safe in our parking lot when dropping off in the morning or picking up students in the afternoon. Our parking lot safety plan was created a few years ago and can be found here: ENGLISH / SPANISH. Please be patient and considerate with other parents as well as our school staff, our only goal is to have everyone be as safe as possible!
- Aug 18 – First Day of Kindergarten
- Aug 22 – Early Release PLC (Friday Schedule)
- Aug 24 & 25 – SEP Conferences 4-7pm
- Aug 26 – PTA Bike Rodeo 1:15pm
- Sept 5 – NO SCHOOL Labor Day
Thanks again for a great start to the school year. I love working with each of your children. We have an amazing staff that care deeply about and work extremely hard to make a difference for each of our students.
Please contact me directly with any concerns, comments, or compliments!
Adam Baker | 435-628-4427 | email@example.com
School starts in one week! I hope you’ve all enjoyed summer. I’m excited to see you all again and I hope you are excited to get back to learning at Heritage! Here’s the latest news and information:
- New Student Registration – going on now!!! If you know of new neighbors or new move-ins please encourage them to stop by the school and get registered ASAP.
- Monday, Aug 8 – Heritage Home Visits – our teachers will be out visiting each of you and welcoming you back to school (scheduled in the morning unless you hear differently from your teacher via email or automated phone call)
- Wednesday, Aug 10 – Back to School Open House 4:30 to 6pm, please come and visit our school and your classroom, pay for lunch, join PTA, update contact information, etc.
- Thursday, Aug 11 – First Day of School (Grades 1-5) We will start off the day with our Happy New Year Celebration!
- Monday, Aug 8 @ 2pm (School Library) – First General PTA Meeting – Voting on proposed 2016-17 Budget, helping stuff back to school folders. EVERYONE is invited.
- Open Board Positions – Please consider volunteering on our PTA Board, come to the first meeting on Aug 8 or contact the school for more information.
- Membership Drive – Please support and join our Heritage PTA. Our Heritage PTA does so much to help support each of our students. Joining and being involved is crucial to our success.
- Find out more at: https://heritage.washk12.org/parents/pta/
Title I Information:
- Heritage Elementary is a Title I school. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children have a fair and equal opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and to close the achievement gap across all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Heritage Elementary Title I information CLICK HERE
- Principal Notification Letter: English / Spanish
- Heritage Elementary Title I Parent Compact: English / Spanish
- Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. We currently have open positions on our School Community Council. Anyone interested in serving on our council should contact Mr. Baker directly – 628-4427 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more at: https://heritage.washk12.org/community-council/
Finally, please take a few moments and watch this video: CLICK HERE. As part of WCSD we want our parents and students to know our purpose is high levels of learning for every student. This video explains our purpose and will help you understand how our teachers work together to make that happen. It also gives some tips on what you can specifically ask a teacher regarding your student and their classroom experience.
I can’t wait to have our Heritage Roadrunners back at school!
Summer is quietly slipping by . . . our school is still being cleaned and prepared for your return in a few weeks! I sure hope you have had a safe and fun summer. I can’t wait to hear about your adventures. I am getting excited for you to return to Heritage! I know that the teachers and staff have been enjoying their summer, but also that they have been thinking about and preparing for your return. We are going to have a great school year.
Here is what is happening! Aug 4 our secretaries will be back and our office will be open. On the morning of Aug 8 our teachers will be out in your neighborhoods visiting and welcoming you to their class. Aug 10 will be our Back to School open house from 4:30 to 6pm, the school will be open for our Heritage families to stop by and walk the halls and visit classrooms. Aug 11 will be our first day of school for students in grades 1-5. Meet in the gym that morning for our New Year Celebration!
Stay safe, keep reading and see you soon!
Mr. Baker | 435-628-4427 | email@example.com
I hope that you’ve enjoyed a great 2015-16 school year and are ready for summer break. I know the teachers and staff at Heritage have loved working with your students this year. I also know that the teachers and staff will be working hard over the summer to prepare for next school year!
I wanted to share some resources and information with each of you! Below you will find learning resources, activities, and ideas to help keep your students learning and active. Additionally, I’m sharing information regarding summer lunch programs that are FREE! I hope you find these resources helpful and beneficial! I personally challenge every student to keep reading everyday all summer long!
http://heritage.washk12.org/students/ – Our School webpage has a section just for students. On the right side of the page you’ll find a box titled “quicklinks”. These learning resources are great to keep your student engaged and learning. IXL is especially great to practice math! Students should remember their username and password to log in. So check this page out for great learning resources!
http://library.washco.utah.gov/ – The Washington County Library has a great summer reading program with great prizes to help motivate and keep your student reading. Make sure to visit often and keep stocked up on great books to read!
Have a safe, fun, amazing summer break!
Mr. Adam Baker
Dates to Remember:
- Aug 8 – Heritage Home Visits (begin visiting at 9:30)
- Aug 10 – 4:30 to 6pm – Back to School Open House
- Aug 11 – First day of School!