We have many important events happening as the school year is winding down. I’ll try and keep you aware of everything, but if you have questions or need clarification, please ask!
- Grades 3~5 SAGE Testing: Our older students are participating in the SAGE. (WCSD resource regarding SAGE – CLICK HERE). I hope you’ll encourage your student to do their very best, help them get a good nights rest and eat a healthy breakfast. I look at our end of level assessments as a chance to show how much we’ve learned throughout the year, a celebration of our learning.
- Math & Literacy Night – April 20 @ 6pm – Come enjoy participating in math and literacy activities that you can do at home to keep on learning throughout summer. Dinner will be provided.
- 2017-18 Class Lists & Parent Input – I want to help everyone understand the process we use to put together fair, equitable, and compatible classes. In the coming weeks, I will ask teachers to work in grade-level teams and put together class lists for the upcoming year. I will ask teachers to:
- Make every effort to place students in the best learning environment for their individual learning needs
- Divide students in a fair and equitable way (boys/girls, academic ability, behavior, language needs, etc.)
- Put students together who need to be together.
- Split up students who shouldn’t be together.
- Try to put students with a teacher who would be the best fit for each class.
As you can imagine, meeting all of these goals is difficult. Our teachers have a unique perspective as the only individuals who see the students interact with their peers all day, 180 days of the year. Additionally, the professional-learning-community structure we use at Heritage helps guarantee the curriculum experience in whichever classroom students find themselves.
I sincerely hope parents will trust us to put classes together for next year in the best way possible. It’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly, and we carry it out with the best interest of each child at heart. We have an extraordinary teacher in each classroom, and I feel very confident our school-wide structures will provide a guaranteed and viable curriculum in each class.
From now until April 28 the “Parent Input Form” will be available in our office. Please stop by the office and pick one up if you so desire. The form allows parental input to be considered in the process of class placement for the upcoming school year. The bottom line is this, your child’s current classroom teacher will work to place each child in the best situation possible, your input will be considered and used to make the best class placement decision possible for each child.
Thanks again for your support of our school please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns!
Adam Baker ~ Principal | 435-628-4427 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 12 – 3rd Grade Tuacahn Field Trip & Performance 6:30pm
- April 13 – Grades 3~5 Track Meet at Dixie High
- April 13 – PTA Meeting 7pm at Heritage Library
- April 14 & 17 – NO SCHOOL Easter Break
- April 18 – 5th Grade Field Trip ZNP (Beckstead & Hancey)
- April 19 – 5th Grade Field Trip ZNP (Harrington & Mathews)
- April 20 – Math & Literacy Night 6pm – Dinner Provided
- April 22 – Dixie Power Kite Festival @ DSU