School starts in one week! I hope you’ve all enjoyed summer. I’m excited to see you all again and I hope you are excited to get back to learning at Heritage! Here’s the latest news and information:
- New Student Registration – going on now!!! If you know of new neighbors or new move-ins please encourage them to stop by the school and get registered ASAP.
- Monday, Aug 8 – Heritage Home Visits – our teachers will be out visiting each of you and welcoming you back to school (scheduled in the morning unless you hear differently from your teacher via email or automated phone call)
- Wednesday, Aug 10 – Back to School Open House 4:30 to 6pm, please come and visit our school and your classroom, pay for lunch, join PTA, update contact information, etc.
- Thursday, Aug 11 – First Day of School (Grades 1-5) We will start off the day with our Happy New Year Celebration!
- Monday, Aug 8 @ 2pm (School Library) – First General PTA Meeting – Voting on proposed 2016-17 Budget, helping stuff back to school folders. EVERYONE is invited.
- Open Board Positions – Please consider volunteering on our PTA Board, come to the first meeting on Aug 8 or contact the school for more information.
- Membership Drive – Please support and join our Heritage PTA. Our Heritage PTA does so much to help support each of our students. Joining and being involved is crucial to our success.
- Find out more at: https://heritage.washk12.org/parents/pta/
Title I Information:
- Heritage Elementary is a Title I school. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children have a fair and equal opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and to close the achievement gap across all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Heritage Elementary Title I information CLICK HERE
- Principal Notification Letter: English / Spanish
- Heritage Elementary Title I Parent Compact: English / Spanish
- Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. We currently have open positions on our School Community Council. Anyone interested in serving on our council should contact Mr. Baker directly – 628-4427 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more at: https://heritage.washk12.org/community-council/
Finally, please take a few moments and watch this video: CLICK HERE. As part of WCSD we want our parents and students to know our purpose is high levels of learning for every student. This video explains our purpose and will help you understand how our teachers work together to make that happen. It also gives some tips on what you can specifically ask a teacher regarding your student and their classroom experience.
I can’t wait to have our Heritage Roadrunners back at school!